Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Hootenanny ticket question....

  1. #31
    Inactive Member AmericanGrease13's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 21st, 2004
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I dont know how wolfpits can say the fullerton one was the best..that was horrible. Even the two they had at irvine meadows sucked. long story short..oak canyon is the best venue for the hootenanny. the hootenanny just isn't what it used to be or meant to be. i too used to take a 56 chevy to the car show but it is just way to unorganized and unprofessional. the best years for the hootenanny were 98-2000 maybe maybe 2001. all the rest have just been downhill. it's lost that close family type of feeling where ever there knows someone or someone who knows someone.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member AmericanGrease13's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 21st, 2004
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's not just the car show. It's everything the whole show...the people going. The only reason I am going this year is because I didnt have to pay forr it. A lot of regulars aren't even on the bill this year and that says a lot too. You guys want to go to something fun. On Saturday July 14th it's the 28th annual mooning of the amtrak at mugs away saloon. now that is a fuckin party.....starts before sun up...after 9am you are walking 1/2 a mile to the bar....booze, music, and naked people ha ha....you have to see it to believe it. Hard to believe that its even legal in Orange County

  3. #33
    Inactive Member HotRodder82's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 29th, 2006
    Posts
    354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    frankenstien, altho i haven't been to the hoot before, i understand what you mean and have heard similar reports. the car culture scene (especially in southern CA) is becoming a large underground trend where true car people are being turned off due to wanna-be thugs. we can give our thanks to trendy mags like car kulture deluxe, traditional rod and kulture and ol skool rods.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member kustom55's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2003
    Posts
    416
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The best years of the Hootenanny were 1995 and 1996. No morons,no trend followers

  5. #35
    Inactive Member esvenneby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HAHA!! I heard of that years ago. I was wondering when and where it was done. I think I should get a ticket for the Amtrak and watch all the asses as I go by. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I have to agree that the scene at the Hootenannys have gotten cheesier as the years go by, and unfortunately I know way too many people that are going to be there...alot of the old schoolers just wont go anymore, and alot of the new schoolers... well I just wish they'd go back to the Justin Timberlake and PINK concerts and forget all about this pinup, ink, and car kulture that they have stumbled upon. Thanks to all the pinup hype on myspace...just get a digital camera and learn photoshop and you too can re-invent yourself into anything that you want.

    I will also be out there sweating my ass off in the heat, since I just cant quite give up the Hootenanny tradition just yet.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member kustom55's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2003
    Posts
    416
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Erica S:


    I will also be out there sweating my ass off in the heat, since I just cant quite give up the Hootenanny tradition just yet.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Funny thing you say that, if I was back in OC this weekend I would probably go as well, I would be curious to see who showed up

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •